Thursday, February 10, 2011

How Can I Miss Her If She Won't Go Away?

Well ... now she's really getting the hang of the whole "going away" thing. Por ejemplo:

I'm outta here.
There won't always be a closed gate at the end of the path, as there is here at day care. And there's only going to be a lot more of this to come. Walking away from me for her first day of real school, first date, off to college, to a new city/state/country, down the aisle, etc.

/Dad Solo feels very, very old
/realizes she'll be 1.5 years old next week, and it's already mid-February 2011
/feels even older
/starts missing grown-up NJ pre-emptively
/wipes away single tear, like that Native American chief who hated pollution
/sighs dramatically, wonders where time goes

1 comment:

  1. ... Well, I'm gonna go then! And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need *you*. I don't need anything. Except this ... this little suitcase ... '

    that's a very purposeful stride Miss N is employing there.

    ReplyDelete